View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
The only thing I would do is soften the suspension a bit. (if it's not too much trouble) In the wet, you will get less lateral g forces and thus less deflection on your tires' side walls. Lower pressure may be beneficial.

( Click to show/hide )
My 350Z on Kumho XS's in a lot of rain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFXE60mrng

It felt like I was driving a shopping cart with those "spinny" wheels at all 4 corners. With water on course, the same input can give you wildly different results from one spot on the course to the next. Traction was "like a box of chocolates" and steering response was like a game of "Marco Polo".

I can't imagine any tire with tread on it being as bad as Kumho XS's in the wet, so I expect your RE11's won't be as bad
Wrong.

By increasing the tire pressures, you reduce the contact patch and help reduce hydroplaning. Had a rain event last year, one run at the normal pressures I run and the next with 4 psi more all around. The higher pressure was noticeably better.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote