View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Z1NONLY
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 FR-S
Z1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I would do is soften the suspension a bit. (if it's not too much trouble) In the wet, you will get less lateral g forces and thus less deflection on your tires' side walls. Lower pressure may be beneficial.

My 350Z on Kumho XS's in a lot of rain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFXE60mrng

It felt like I was driving a shopping cart with those "spinny" wheels at all 4 corners. With water on course, the same input can give you wildly different results from one spot on the course to the next. Traction was "like a box of chocolates" and steering response was like a game of "Marco Polo".

I can't imagine any tire with tread on it being as bad as Kumho XS's in the wet, so I expect your RE11's won't be as bad.

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 02-27-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Z1NONLY is offline   Reply With Quote