View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkirk View Post
Hmmm. Don't think this is a valid argument. While the ability to put down power is significantly reduced in the rain, it just tends to be an equalizer with cars of lesser power. More mass (gas and spare tire) would give more lateral force in corners reducing your cornering ability. Do better with only the gas you need and no spare while on course. Especially in the rain. But, definitely drive smooth.
Disagree. Lighter rear end with fat tires we have on 370Z (especially a summer tire like RE11) will hydroplane easier. You want the weight unless you can put a skinnier rain tire on the car. I have done plenty of wet AX's and had luxury of full day event where I ran to gas station to fill up and the traction benefit was noticeable.

I'd agree with you if surface was just moist but it there is any standing water you want weight in the rear. Also depends on course. If its a momentum course rear weight wont matter much but if you have many slow turns where you need to accelerate the car will benefit from added weight in the rear.