View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #432 (permalink)
COSMO
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Touring GTM TT
COSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond repute

Coop do you really think the crack is just going to stop? Yes it may work now and further down the road but eventually it will fail completely. We all paid good money for our kits and now having to deal with this. Gtm should do the right thing and atleast send out new manifolds and warranty them.
I just sent them an email so I will be sure to keep everyone posted if I hear anything back from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop View Post
Here's a photo of this infamous (and not that uncommon) crack:

phunk called it.

Truthfully, the sky is NOT falling. No one is losing boost or exhaust out of that. Had mine not come apart, I'd have never known. Probably been like that for a few thousand miles and would stay like that.

No it's not great, but *what if* you simply put it all back together and ran it? There is all likelihood it would continue working as wished. Just saying.

Coop