View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 02:44 AM   #1981 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceglide View Post
New gopro is here and its raining like hell, second time this winter its rained in my area....so fun videos to come. I do have an idle video in the For Sale section, but wheres the fun in that.

After my 2 week checkup:
*no issues, no leaks, oil, coolant, car starts right up, temperatures NEVER creep, Fast Intentions, Sepecialty Z and CJM did a hell of a job on these components, not to mention they all back their product with service and pride
*ran all 3 tunes and set points(boost levels+sensitivity), all work as planned, high boost is too scary on cold tires...literally $hitmypantstastic, all are perfect, start, stop, go, smooth, I literally daily drove the car the past few days, aside from being insanely fast, it it absolutely daily driveable, I just may get a ticket someday doing so
*e85 is amazing, aside from being super safe and effective, it burns so clean, my tips are just clean from about 1k miles of driving
*the car is getting better with age: one major thing is the specialty z clutch...WOW what an amazing job, this clutch is now dead silent and smooooth, it also has no problem holding this power
*everything is still absolutely and totally perfect, had the car up in the air again and perfect,clearance, alignment, no leaks, all good

The bad part: as formidable as the re-11s are when they are warm, they just cant take it. Breaking loose in third gear from 4k on wont cut it. Going a different route and trying some NT05r's on suggestion from the local TT vette guys. 305/35/19's(I CANT STAND TO LOOK AT THE CAR ON 18'S OMFG), sadly, they wont work with my wheel setup, but a sponsor on the forums set me up with an amazing deal! No, this wont fix all my traction woes, but it's a step. Also zero camber will be possible on this setup, with 305/35s and 19"s? hell yes!

Car is perfect. I am pretty sure the other owners here are quiet because they are enjoying their cars too much(nklear is preobably in jail for doing 200mpph in nevada or something) . Tony calls me bout once a week to chat about the kit, take in feedback and offer advice. We share what me and the other owners are finding about the kit.....needless to say we are all having a great time and the kit is perfection!

I have my review done, but want to take some vids beforehand, will also do my build thread, like the other cool dudes before me. Happy boosting the370z!

how is the fuel economy on e85 compared to 91/93 octane fuel?
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote