View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #428 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George@GTM View Post
Out of the over 300 turbo kits we have manufactured over the last few years for the VQ community we have only heard of a few cracked turbo manifolds.

It is important for people to know that if your car is extremely low (like mine ) and you are not careful and keep bottoming out your exhaust system it will fatigue the manifolds and they are more likely to eventually have stress cracks. I personally have 3" flex sections in my down pipes in the event I do bottom out for it to absorb some of the impact.

If you take a piece of hot cast iron and keep bagging it with over 3,000lbs what do you think would happen over time? Regardless of what turbo kits you have I would recommend adding a flex section pre-turbo on the exhaust or be very careful.
He has commented on it before, typical blame the customer approach....5000miles to crack a manifold, Cosmo, you running a 3" drop airbag hydraulic HERRAflush setup? According to that guy, you probably are.

George has been idle for a week or two, I sure hope they are paying him, he is at least putting in a good effort. After those refunds are issued!

Lets put together a tequila fund for cosmo...might need a case or two before this is all said and done my friend! Best wishes!