View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngonzalez View Post
I don't really understand what these offsets do. My basic understanding is the higher the +##, the farther the rim sticks out from the hub? I see these stock offset numbers, and these other numbers, and really am not able to put it together all too well. I dislike rolled fenders, I despise negative camber and I don't care much for rubber band looking tires or stretching them to the point where a 45 tire looks like a 25.

So, If i were interested in Forgestar F14's, what sizes should I look at since they have a certain range of max/min offsets available, assuming a slight drop on coil overs and camber adjustments/parts to zero them out? Ideally I would like 275 front and 305 rear. Is this a pipe dream? I little help would be appreciated. As a side question, how deep would the concave be? DDM's don't look too deep, but it could be the angles.

Thanks in advance.
I am going to see what I can do to help you and to help explain the concept of offsets to you...

The lower the offset the closer the face of the wheel is to the center of the car. The higher the offset the further the face of the wheel is from the car. Camber is your friend and I stress camber is your friend and should be used in moderation just like anything. Camber will increase your tire's contact patch in a turn thus giving you more turn in response and grip. All of the offsets I just posted a few posts ago will work with -2.5f and -2R camber the front is fairly aggressive but the rear is tame when it comes to camber. I would not buy forgestar! Members like caravan and others have had major issues with quality and delivery times. Being quoted 4 weeks delivery and then not receiving them in 20 weeks makes you reconsider your purchase! They have major issues with colors being consistent! If you want to know what sizes fit try to stay as close to offset as the past couple posts.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote