View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Kones
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Yellow 6MT
Kones is a jewel in the roughKones is a jewel in the roughKones is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
Yes...actually the Camaro boards are of that opinion (of course). They all think their crap doesn't stink. I saw a new Camaro parked at Summit Racing in Tallmadge, Ohio yesterday. To be honest the car looked like a POS. It was yellow which didn't help..but it looks really cheap...and it looks like an absolute bloated BOAT in its profile...the tires look like mega-balloons. I walked away with the impression that this was the typical "GM doesn't know how to design any car except a Vette" look.

And believe it or not there are some Z folks (mostly 350Z folks) that think the 370Z HP is overrated. And there are a few car-magazines that I have seen it mentioned that whomever was doing the review felt that the 370Z may be overrated in HP.

Needless to say what I showed in my example using actual trap data and the most conservative of assumptions the OEM specified HP for the 370Z has to be very accurate.
So people who don't have our car like to think it's not as good as their car. That's just basic human behavior. We all know our cars are great, and perform as advertised, or better in many cases. So, I'm satisfied, people will always talk crap.
Kones is offline   Reply With Quote