View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mercennarius
Base Member

Drives: Nissan
Mercennarius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
Yes...actually the Camaro boards are of that opinion (of course). They all think their crap doesn't stink. I saw a new Camaro parked at Summit Racing in Tallmadge, Ohio yesterday. To be honest the car looked like a POS. It was yellow which didn't help..but it looks really cheap...and it looks like an absolute bloated BOAT in its profile...the tires look like mega-balloons. I walked away with the impression that this was the typical "GM doesn't know how to design any car except a Vette" look.

And believe it or not there are some Z folks (mostly 350Z folks) that think the 370Z HP is overrated. And there are a few car-magazines that I have seen it mentioned that whomever was doing the review felt that the 370Z may be overrated in HP.

Needless to say what I showed in my example using actual trap data and the most conservative of assumptions the OEM specified HP for the 370Z has to be very accurate.
Given the dyno #s we've seen so far and the trap speeds that have been published it appears the 370Z is underrated more then over rated...though to be honest I think its rated exactly right.
Mercennarius is offline   Reply With Quote