View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
scionide
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 370z PW 6mt
scionide has a spectacular aura aboutscionide has a spectacular aura about
Default Ecutek tune@SpecialtyZ

Got my Z tuned last week by Sebastian at Specialty Z. Kind of a far drive but my car was in good hands, Sebastian was very helpful and answered all my questions. For those of you who know about my previous tuning fiasco, the difference between a good tune and bad sure is night and day. Also I've be running on the stock ECU for about a month, so my baseline reflects the stock ECU having had plenty of time to adjust. Without further ado here's my results.

Mods: Stillen G3, Motordyne M370 Manifold, Z1 HFC, CNT Catback

Baseline and tuning pulls were done in 4th. Ran a bit lean initially. Solid gains throughout the entire powerband!

Final Pull done in 5th: 304/264

Peak HP wasn't quite what I was hoping for but my gains are in line with everyone elses. The car around town drives far smoother, and of course it pulls harder as well. I especially like the improvement in the low rpm, I find I can stay in a higher gear and the car doesn't feel like it's bogging horribly.

Waiting for the rest of Ecutek's features to be released. Seeing the Miata, "The Twins," and the GT-R feature set being released about 3-4 months past when they were scheduled, I'm hoping the 370's fun stuff comes out by summer at least.
scionide is offline   Reply With Quote