View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
JohnsZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Why on earth would one even think that driving the 370Z in snow regularly is a good idea? It is beyond my comprehension.

Your observations on the perils of summer tires in near-freezing an below temperatures are quite astute though. Seriously? Summer tires in cold and snow are dangerous? Wow.
Not every Z owner has a choice on whether or not to drive their Z's in winter weather with snow, ice, extreme cold etc. Did you ever think that for some Z owners, it might be our only car? I would love to be able to afford a beat up DD so I can garage my Z. I have driven mine in the winter up here in CT for the past 2 years. I use it to commute back and forth to work, 45 miles each way. The first year I had performance tires and I learned very quickly that I wasn't going anywhere with even the slightest amount of snow on the road. This year I bought Conti's Pure Contact and they are awesome. I haven't been out on anything deeper than a few inches of snow but it handles great in any amount up to that. I also added 2, 35 lbs of kitty litter to the trunk which doesn't hurt. The Z is better in the snow than most people think and I get to drive it year round. I'm going to enjoy every day...winter, spring, summer, and fall in my Z which now has over 48k miles and is in pristine condition. Yes...I wish I was lucky enough to be able to garage my Z and drive some old beater to work. But then, I wouldn't be able to enjoy my Z year round. By the way, the heated seats work great!

JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote