View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
AZP Installs
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: '14 Touareg TDi
AZP Installs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs

I would go with a slightly performance oriented alignment setup. The key is to find a place that will really dial in your car for you.

For instance there are ranges of adjustments, you can be all the way on the upper edge on one side and all the way on the lower edge on the other side. While it will still be "stock alignment specs" it will not be a good alignment.

-Mike Paisan

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.
Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee078 View Post
Have 4 HPDE under my belt on a bone stock 40th, and plan on doing 4-6 per year going forward. Will be adding an oil cooler so I don't have to let up on the car later in the day. I know the stock suspension has very little adjustability, but wondering if it's possible to maximize whatever capabilities it may have to be more track friendly. It'll serve as a daily driver as well, and I'm not much of a wrencher, so need a dual purpose setup anyways.

My interests are safety and durability. The car still far exceeds my driving skill, so I have very little interest over investing in upgrades. I get my kicks by spending money for track time, rather than blingy parts.

FWIW - will be driving in Northern California tracks: Thunderhill, Sonoma, Laguna Seca.

I guess the question is - does it have some range of adjustability, so that it's worth requesting a performance alignment? If not, then I guess I need to go with factory spec.
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote