View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #3524 (permalink)
volman
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z T/S
volman is on a distinguished road

I picked up a used FI exhaust, SS with 18" resonators, from a member on here and had it installed today. After reading through this thread, I fully expected it to not be loud enough and to plan on getting HFCs to up the volume a little. I was wrong. I wanted an exhaust that not only sounded great, but wasn't obnoxious when driving at lower speeds through my neighborhood, had a nice noticeable volume response even when just lightly applying throttle, and could scream above 5000rpm. This exhaust does it all for me. My point is that...compared to stock...the 18" is neither tame nor quiet.

I could certainly be happy with 12" resonators and get along fine without annoying the neighbors. To be honest, as I get used to it, I might want to increase the volume a little bit at some point. But if you're worried about it being too loud, then I don't think you would be disappointed going with either 18" or 12". The 18" is a very noticeable upgrade from stock. Personally, I don't think non-res would've been a good fit for me. I'm not getting drone in the cabin and the volume of the exhaust comes through just enough to replace the usual road noise I hear. The road noise was annoying...this exhaust note is not. Net positive there.
volman is offline   Reply With Quote