View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
kazman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 12' 370z, 06 Eclipse
kazman will become famous soon enoughkazman will become famous soon enough

I traded my 2007 325i for the Z.
I was the second owner, it was a 6 speed. All I have to say is THOROUGHLY examine everything! It was at 120,000 miles when I traded it in. It had lots of problems, and the whole time I owned it it was maintained regularly. The linkages in the gears were always haven problems, the nav system was crap, both cup holders BROKE, the rear seats dont fold down unless the original owner paid extra for that option( so dont buy big items at the store and expect to fold the seats down into the trunk), 1/20 times starting the car the whole center console would go in this powercycle trip and would never fully turn on and it would take 20 mins to reboot after turning off the car, if you sneeze the wrong way it threw a code, the door trimmings will pop off easily if you live in a cold place and you go to open the door after freezing rain, the nav screen if scratched or cracked CANT be directly replaced... the whole unit has to be replaced, the little wheel that you use to flip through the menus on dash screen is very sluggish / laggy, my 370z gets better gas mileage, if you have the wood trim it has a plastic face so that scratches and cracks very easily...

I could go on and on... maybe I just bought a lemon, but damn that was one sour lemon. It was on the verge of a complete electrical malfunction.

The only good thing I have to say... it was the smoothest riding car Ive ever been in. Leaps and bounds above any other car! The suspension was amazing.

Just realllly inspect the car from head to toe and i HIGHLY recommend having a bmw mechanic look at it before hand.
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote