View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #47 (permalink)
ayrton88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z
ayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud ofayrton88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk370 View Post
Which BMW model did you have? What were the main problems you had with it? I've always held the impression that German cars aren't reliable. Some people disagree with me though. I can't say since I've never owned one.
I had a 325i which I bought new in '02. It was strange because in some ways it was the best car I've ever owned and in others the worst. I'm 63 so I've owned lots of cars. It's gearbox was like butter. The straight 6 has to be one of the smoothest out there. The car always felt planted. It certainly wasn't a fast car, but with the manual you could still have lots of fun with it. The quality of the interior materials was fantastic. It had lots of nice features that I don't really miss.
Now the bad....I don't think it ever went 6 months without some kind of problem. All after the warranty was up. Three of the four window regulators went out at around $500 a pop. Even the service adviser said they were crap. Had problems with the thermostat which was electronic and part of the HVAC system which was another $500. Both rear springs broke which I have never had happen even on the crap domestic cars I've owned. In fact the Bimmer reminded me of an old Pontiac I had. As soon as it got cold it made the strangest noises just like the Pontiac. Didn't inspire much confidence. I could go on more but I'm getting way off target of the thread.

Last edited by ayrton88; 02-24-2014 at 10:06 AM.
ayrton88 is offline   Reply With Quote