View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
Jwick much better numbers than those were obtained on a stock block. Previously had dyno'd at 484 and I think once at 492. However pushing it hard drag racing led to a cracked piston head. I wanted something that I could beat like a mule daily and have no worries about that happening again. Besides as mentioned above their is room left in the tune for more power, plus water meth would allow for ability to further advance the timing. It's all about what you want. I want a FI car that I can daily drive and race on the weekend with reasonable security that I will not have a repeat of catastrophic failure that was obtained chasing high numbers on a stock block.
Right on man and I completely agree with building to a level you feel comfortable will not leaving you SOL. I will also apologize if my post came off as a knock. That definitely wasn't my purpose as I was just referencing what the turbo guys are running.

Long story short... keep us posted on your times as you test your build

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote