View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #406 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts View Post
Guys, need a little help on this install. It's something I could probably do myself, but given my work schedule and other commitments over the next few months I just don't want to take it on.

I was going to have the GTR mech at my dealership do the work, but the dealership recently sold and I don't want to get involved in that mess right now.

So, a buddy of mine said he'd take it on for me in the near term with access to a lift. He used to build and repair helicopters in the military and he's helped me out on tougher car jobs in the past, I trust him completely, a lot more than frankly almost anyone in the car area. Anyway, the problem is he usually won't let me pay him fairly for his work and if I'm not there to be involved it's hard for me to judge time, etc. I HATE haggling with him to INCREASE the price when he does help me. I would like to get him $$ equivalent to what I would have paid Nissan, or at the very least an indy for the install.

For those that have paid a 3rd party for the install, would you mind sharing here, or via PM what you paid? That would go a long way to helping me be fair with him. Thanks in advance.
I did it myself, and it took about 6 hours. I already had the interior stripped and did not reinstall it though. I would say that if you have a street car with interior, it will take him 8 hours, or a full day to do it. base what you pay him on that. Its not a difficult job, just time consuming.