View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #148 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindaGuise View Post
Does this only happen with the engine running or does it happen if the car is just in accessory mode?

I have a whine now when I go into accessory. I cant hear with the car running because the car is so loud...I think.
Acc mode and On won't do it. Only when the car is on. When it is a cold start, you actually have to rev over 1k to get it to make a sound. Once you let off, it stops. As soon as the car slightly warms up, it's continuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
Make sure you ride along with the tech to show them how replicate the noise, otherwise they'll just play dumb and say they cant hear anything.
My buddy heard it too. I am friends with the tech at my local dealer so he won't BS me. Hell it's easiet to hear at idle when the car is the quietest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindaGuise View Post
That's so odd. I found some videos on youtube I think....

Found a video of my issue.

370z whining noise - YouTube

100% what mine does.
Yeah man that's not the ECU whine. The best way I can describe the ECU whine is the very faint sound a dog whistle makes. It's super high pitched.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote