View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
370ZYZFR1
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
370ZYZFR1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by z man View Post
I would recommend watching the oil consumption as my 09 blew it's engine due to excess oil consumption...couldn't even make it to the 3,000 oil change before the oil pan was dry. After a fight, Nissan agreed to replace the motor (via warranty coverage). The car was purchased new and was not driven hard. If you have a manual transmission, you can expect the concentric slave cylinder to frequently go out at any time at any mileage, regardless of how you drive the car, this part has been problematic since the 350Z. This repair will be above $1,000.00, each time...I'm at 50,000 miles and am on my third one now (will be replacing with aftermarket part, which is said to be better) The Nissan part has been problematic in the 350z, G35 and continues to day. In 07 Nissan issued a recall on this part, and has not been able to fix the problem. Last year, a service bulletin was issued on this part, after several complaints were made by it's customers. If you have an automatic, you won't face this problem.

You may want to check to see if the steering wheel lock has already been replaced, as there was a recall on this part, and if not replaced, you may be left stranded with a car that won't start. Additionally, to be safe, you may want to check the oil, every time you fill up. Good luck with your car!

**Please also read the fine print in the warranty, to know what the warranty covers**

Good info. Thank you. I haven't been able to drive much bcauze of the snow. But it appears I still have about two years left of warranty based on my in service date. I plan on either using redline oil or mobil 1 for the first change.
370ZYZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote