View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse370z View Post
1. What should I use to clean up the muffler cans? I want it to shine like a mirror again.
2. What should I use to clean up the Titanium tips?
3. Would you recommend replacing the rusted screws on the tips, or to clean them up with WD40 or something?
4. Is it possible to fix the dent? Should I even bother?
5. Should I clean the entire exhaust, because I wasn't going to clean anything beyond the muffler, I am afraid of it's exposure to winter salt.
1) I'd try a Scotchbrite (or similar) pad and some general-purpose metal polish. But that may not give you a mirror finish.
2) No idea.
3) Definitely replace. The corroded threads on the fasteners will chew on the tubing every time you turn them. Make sure you clean all rust/corrosion from the tubing where the fasteners are screwed in. I suggest using a small amount of anti-sieze compound on the threads to minimize future rust/corrosion (a little dab'll do ya).
4) My guess is that it would cost more to fix than it's worth. YMMV
5) If it's stainless steel, a light scrubbing with clean water should be enough to remove any corrosive road chemicals. You might want to blow some warm air through the tubing before storing to dry out the inside.