View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Silly Rabbit
Track Member

Drives: '12 PW Touring Sport
Silly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackster22 View Post
Silly Rabbit

I just traded in a 2011 Sport with auto with 14,000 miles. I bought it in 8/12 They gave me $25,300 and I'm pretty sure that if you walked into the dealership and offered them $26,500 they would jump at it since they priced it at $30,995 and it has sat there, then they reduced it to $29,999 and it sat there. They told me that if they sent it to auction they would get $25,000 for it. HOpe that helps. Given you can purchase a brand new 2014 for around 30K, that price might be a little high.

trackster22
Thanks for all the details. Yeah, this one has been sitting for ~5 months, so I think they should be eager for anyone interested in the car. Some looking, I found they had it on Craigslist for $28.9k in the Fall. I've been watching autotrader, cars.com, Ebay, Craigslist.. for awhile now, so I have an idea on what the market is saying. Your comments pretty much say the same. I think $27 on this car would be a pretty nice deal for both parties, $30 is above market. The car is 6hrs away from me, so it makes negotiating awkward. Only way to really know is to make an offer and see if they are ready to let it go. I'm ready to move, we'll see if they are.
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote