View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of
Default New Tires Installed

Replaced the OE tires 5 years old with Continental DWS. Night and day difference in ride noise.
Tires Plus installed them with really no outright damage, a little bit of scraping but only can see it when I rub my fingers across....oh well.

When I left I noticed going down the highway that it was pulling to the left a little, and it's NEVER done that before. So, I get home and get underneath it and lo and behold it looks as if someone has turned both nuts on the tie rod ends. I've had the car a year and never had an issue with alignment or pulling or had anything done to it. You know how you can see the shiny corner on the nut, and on the end there's rust disturbed...maybe I'm paranoid.

Oh, and I went all around the car and one tire was 40 PSI and the rest were 37...and one locking lug nut was only torqued to about 50 lbs. The rest were close enough to 80, maybe a wee bit over but nothing to complain about.

I love the tires but the snaggle toothed bunch that put them on made me very nervous.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote