View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
ortiz73ca
Base Member

Drives: 370Z 2014 6spd Sport
ortiz73ca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
The S-tune has a slightly larger diameter Y-pipe, which I can tell you from experience is prone to cracking, and made about 1-3 whp throughout the rev range (search through my proven power dyno thread for details and lots of commentary).

The "take off" has a H-pipe, which appears to greatly outperform the S-tune version.

For further commentary, comparison dynos, detailed reports, see the aforementioned thread -- easy to search for.

In short: I would NOT spend the money on the S-tune, even used; buy a Nismo OEM take off for better results.

I have no special opinion on the sound difference -- they both sound fine. Louder than stock, but not enough to wake the neighbors.
Well I got the OEM Nismo H pipe exhaust on this weekend and I must say there is definitely a difference from the stock exhaust. Not sure how much I gained in HP but the engine does rev faster and it has a deeper tone but not louder. Very happy with it but only intend on using it until I get my FI 18". I'm wondering if it would be cheaper just getting a less restrictive muffler and still give me the gains an aftermarket would? But hey for $200 it was worth it.
ortiz73ca is offline   Reply With Quote