View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verda7junior View Post
Is anyone using the extended storage switch in the fuse block? Nissan expects the car to be stored winters in colder climates and knows that it has a parasitic drain during extended storage and provided an extended storage switch to reduce the drain. You just pull out the switch and it cuts power to a few electronic control modules to reduce the current drain. It is actually just a fuse with a plastic case around it with locking tabs on the side. It's on pages 8-24 & 8-25 of my 2012 owners manual.
The problem with doing this is that you basically have to reset everything in the car. All of your personal settings (homelink, menus, phone book, temp settings, etc.) are on it. Ask those who took delivery of their car with it pulled. Every time you start the car it goes back to default settings.

Now, I don't know if you pulled it after you shut the car off and then engaged it before you started it if that would save all the settings or not, but I'd hate to try only find out that it didn't.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote