View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
A $40 Battery Tender is simpler. Here in Minnesota, seasonal rolling stock is the norm. I have boats, quads, motorcycles, cars, and mowers on these things all winter. In the spring, I take 'em off and put on the snowmobiles and snowblowers.

A discharged battery (less than 80% charge) will not only short the plates due to sulfation (decreased battery life), it will also freeze. A charged battery won't freeze until about -56 degrees. That's sufficient, even in Minnesota.
mah I've never had a problem and I am in the true great white north CANADA but to each their own

at work a battery not in use is only disconnected and only ever placed on charger if and when it's needed not just because you want to keep it topped up. we can have batteries sit in storage for a couple years pull them out and they are good to go.

I guess I also saved $40 minimum as I didn't have to go buy anything extra