View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
chiefwigam55
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Blue M/T
chiefwigam55 is on a distinguished road
Default Exact Same issue

So yesterday i installed the Takeda SRI. Well i have the exact same issue. Its a (dog whistle) type sound coming from the drivers side intake. Ive tried al the steps that the factory suggested in the post and noticed what i think could be the issue.

When i took the filter off and covered the intake quick in sucked my hand and noise gone. So i loosened the bands holding the pipe on and removed it (left the small ccv, Crank Case Vent connected and still had the noise. Then i relieved it had to be that ccv so i looked at stock part vs new pipe and the ccv inlet is smaller then 1/4" while stock is closer to 1/2". Im guessing the smaller hole creates more suction speed but i believe its also making the whistle. I am planning to bore it out a bit tomorrow, any other suggestions?

Also, after the install i noticed right away my service engine light is illuminated. i had the battery disconnected so figured the ECU would get used to the new intake, hoping thats the issue. I will be checking codes tomorrow as well.
Last the the idle is now high it seems (about 1100 warmed up).

Hope i can straighten this out because it looks and sounds mean (besides the ear piercing whistle!)

Please help
chiefwigam55 is offline   Reply With Quote