View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1918 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
What?? 22mpg freeway and 20 avg on E85 and boosting? That seems too good to be real. I really hope your not using the on board mpg readout from the car. That thing will be WAY off. It works off of the amount of pulses the injectors are making and not real time data. Your 1000cc's are spitting tons more fuel per pulse than the stockers.

FYI. I was getting 12mpg in town with E85 in my 350z. I cant imagine this car is that much more fuel efficient. Even on 91 octane I am getting 18 mpg in town with my 370 and 22 on the highway.
I was shocked myself. I am pretty sure everyone knows the readout is useless once you change injector size. I used the trip odometer and full tank to full tank minus fill to determine this.

A little more detail:

I had a 2gal gas tank with me, filled half way.

Whole trip was 393 miles, of that:
*~50 in traffic, literally 2 hrs of traffic: avg speed 25mph
*~30-50miles in 2-4th gear, usually about 10psi. This was the San Luis Resevoir/152 gilroy approach. Real fun drive, can get into it, turn and all that. RADAR DETECTOR A MUST, but very easy run, meaning you can go apeshit on throttle

At refill i put in 18.4 gal, meaning I used 18.4+2 to go from full to full, therefore i used 20.4 gal for a 393 mile trip.(Don't mind me, I typed this out *** backwards earlier)

393/20.4= 19.3 mpg. Now I am saying highway avg speed 70, I wouldnt be surprised to get more, hence the claim. But 19.3 is amazing. I was expecting 12-15 at best. Mind you, this is the first outing with a brand new TT installed, so one can assume I am not driving for MPG and you would be right. IF i tried, it would be pretty neat.

I am going to say that my tune and fuel setup are doing a great job. But to say everyone would expect 20+ is a lie, but apparently this car is there. Remember, it was cool and clear last night, so may be a best case scenario, but this is what I got for the trip.

Lets not get caught up in MPG, the car rapes apes. I merely mention it because alot of us are going e85 and I wanted to share how I feel about it so far. Just took it to the bank. OEM DD capable indeed! It is moist out, but I managed

The CJM kit is holding up perfect. Those sexy blue rails, Fuel Pressure is rock solid and the car pulls smooth from 0-7000. Seb's tune is amazing thus far, the man knows how to do e85 and am happy to have his tune on this thing.

Last edited by faceglide; 02-14-2014 at 03:46 PM.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote