View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Yeah I can now live with A2DP BT quality if it's a audio specific BT chipset from someone like Parrot. BT has really come a long way. Hands Free BT audio in handsets is limited to the characteristic "vocal" band of the telephony signal. Not the same as A2DP.
A run of the mill CD of a good recording is far better than an MP3 of the same quality, but you know what? Nobody cares. It's "Good Enough" to use an MP3. I make a living in audio and MP3 is fine with me as long as it's good quality. It's so easy to rip to MP3 and put it in a mobile device. Besides, going down the road I can't hear the diff.

So, to recap, BT A2DP has come a long way lately. A cheap BT chipset will sound cheap. I couldn't live with BT on my ears though, rather have a good pair of headphones/earbuds for that.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote