View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Hi Radensb,
I've looked into that myself but haven't found anything that really works well. Nothing you'll find on the market is apple approved. Apple doesn't even sell the 30 pin connector needed, it would have to be an illegal part 2nd sourced by China. I've tried one really good adapter that supposedly emulates the iPod on the end of the cable but in my 2009 Z with Navi something wasn't happening, it was sporadic and just wouldn't stay connected. However if I took it and connected it to a home dock BAM it worked flawlessly. I just dont' have the time to analyze what it's pinout is and what's low and whats high and what's floated, etc. So I just returned it. Sigh. So close too. It even handed off to the BT in the car when calls received. A2DP with all metadata present on the car as if iPod actually connected. I just gave in and now I use an iPod Touch 1st Gen, the earlier iPods with hard drives just booted up too slow and at times wouldn't be recognized.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote