View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyz View Post
I am hard on my brakes and its my fault
It appears as though you have several options:

First is to upgrade to rotors, pads, fluids, and lines that can handle your hard braking. Hopefully the parts will last longer than your current set up.

Second, you can evaluate the stress that you are putting on your brakes and try to adjust your braking habits, if necessary. Avoid riding your brakes (i.e. low pressure application for long distances/time). You should apply the brakes quickly with hard pressure for as short a period of time as possible. This will help avoid uneven deposits, which is commonly mistaken as "warped" rotors. It is very unlikely that you are actually warping the rotors with street driving (if you are, please stop driving like that on public roads). If the brakes are hot, avoid pressing the brake pedal when stopped - this is the most common cause of uneven pad deposit. I know this can be hard in an AT, but gear N is good on level ground, and you might even be able to idle still on a slight incline. Downhill, though, you're pretty much screwed - try not to heat up your brakes too much before having to stop on a downhill slope. You, however, have a manual, so it should be a little easier

Lastly, continue on about your life and don't worry about why you have to replace rotors and pads sooner than most everyone else.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote