View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #116 (permalink)
Mandingo
Track Member

Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
so soon into my build too...shame!

Here's the latest. They got back to me and are now saying I routed the lines "too high" on the radiator shroud and that's why my lines aren't fitting right.

Let's think about this!..........
I have one line waaaaay to long. Long enough to loop all the way down to the steering cooler to pull out all the slack. If i mounted them too high, wouldn't that take out slack on the line!!!!!! duh! I just said I had too much slack!

I was looking at there insalation photo and how they showed the lines run in front of the CAI. I could never do that with my lines. The other line is too short to pull that off. Which leads me to believe they sent me the wrong line kit all together.

So after all the that, they said running it the way it is won't hurt anything!!!
Here's my similar experience:

I ordered the 34-row kit and received two lines of EXACTLY equal length. They were both the short lines. I took some pictures and sent them to Z1 and they had me send back one of the short lines and they sent me a longer line (only 3.5 inches longer than the short line). I wasn't able to route the line around the CAI due to length so I had to drop it in front of the radiator and around where the PS cooler lines go. It is barely long enough in this config, but it works. I'm not super happy about it either, mainly because I think there should be more slack in the lines to account for engine movement.