View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #183 (permalink)
Jack370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Plat SP 6MT
Jack370Z is on a distinguished road

I haven't been this ticked off in a while. Took my Z into the dealership (the parts guy had ordered and received the longer lift springs). The service dept wouldn't do anything until they contacted Nissan North America (I had already opened a case with them) but the North America rep said they would not pay the dealer until a Bulletin is issued. It could be several years before a TSB is sent out...caught in the middle. huh? Here is my assessment...the Sport Pkg adds the read spoiler which adds about 9 or 10 lbs to the hatch. Nissan's engineers did not change the lift springs to a stronger spring. I'm no engineer but know that if you add that much weight to the end of the lever (the hatch) you are going to have more pressure to lift. Maybe their engineers have never considered this...? My guess is the hatch lifts will show increased wear too, due to the increased weight causing premature failure. I'm no genius but apparently the Nissan engineers aren't either. The 370 is a brand new vehicle. Why won't Nissan listen? Your guess is as good as mine.
Jack370Z is offline   Reply With Quote