View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogirl View Post
Your right that's why the turbo is Heat Wrapped. Not saying that will stop all of the heat but that kit is proven...
Im not saying this is a poor kit design. I wouldn't have bought it had I felt that way. Im just saying that it plays a role in the setup.

I also had a turbo blanket on my turbine, Ive never seen one on the compressor though which is only an inch or so away from the intake pipe.

I almost cut my throttle body off and welded it to the other side of the intake plenum so that the intake pipe wouldn't sit over the turbo.

I removed my drivers side wheel well guard to get more air to pass by the turbo and get it out of the bay. This also allowed you to hear the turbo spool more which is always a bonus.

Where BP places theirs just makes a whole lot of sense to me. They also state 650+ on that setup. However, May would be the earliest for that route now.