View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Yeah, there's usually not a lot to add once he comes in and speaks.

For my engine bay, I usually blow everything off with compressed air, wipe everything down with a wet rag or armor all cleaning wipes, and then hit the plastic and rubber with 303. As long as you do it often enough, it's never a chore.
This is the critical element. I had never treated anything inside the engine bay prior to 40K miles, but I had kept it fairly clean for a DD by wiping it down occasionally with some wet towels. I did a more thorough detail when I was treating the trim and rubber, but it was still easy. I will detail even further when I do a wire tuck and take off the throttle bodies for cleaning.

Honestly, based on Junkman's opinion, I'm telling myself that I really need to pick up a bottle of that 303 stuff. The VRT can be relegated to tire dressing easily enough - it is exactly what I want for the finish there.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote