View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 03:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
the lighter the flywheel the more chatter you will get (just a forewarning) and the jwt is just a stock disk with higher clamp so you *could* just replace the friction disk and clean off the flywheel and pressure plate. I wouldn't go crazy with a parts washer and steaming you dont want to wash the lube out of the pressure plate assembly just get the brake fluid out. call up jwt and see if you can just get the friction disk. You hardly have any mods so you could just run a nissan clutch on the jwt flywheel if you want something that will be easier on the CSC. (lower clamp pressure means less work for the hydraulics, and it has the correct finger engagement instead of using a 350z pressure plate like the jwt)
well i dont like the 370z stock clutch a lot, no feeling and completely numb, i did call JWT and they said i can buy just the clutch plate for $160 iirc

my reservoir is close to empty when i checked it today so i think there is a great chance i need to clean those parts and get a new clutch plate anyways

do you know the type of places that would be able to clean the flywheel and clutch, JWT said to use brake cleaner, and some friends recommend dawn with warm water and if that doesnt do it than engine degreaser with a rag

im upgrading to the Zspeed CSC(what i should have done from the beginning) and im replacing the CMC with a brand new OEM one like Zspeed recommends so hydraulics should be fine after this, i just made the mistake of letting nissan put a factory CSC in the tranny cause now they refuse to touch it even though they told me that they would cover it if the part failed
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote