Thread: Maf pipes
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
So you fixed the problem that had you seeing 160 degree IATs?
yep, it was the filter i was using, i moved from a pod filter to a cone filter, i think it was because there was no opening in the top of the filter where the air gets rammed into it was left to suck in hot engine air

i did take the intakes off for a period of time but than randomly i decided to buy 2 cone style filters(specter air filters at orileys) and put the intakes back on, it made a world of difference

the most i have seen is 130 IATs and that was literally in dead stop for 30 mins cause CHP had shut down the highway temporarily cause of an accident(thankfully it wasnt long)

ill wait until summer to see what IATs are then but right now my IATs are the same as the stock box from what i logged and im extremely happy with the intakes, although i do plan on extending them using similar parts Synolimit(only difference is it being in bigger size) used so i can have a true cold air intake until i supercharge

Last edited by luigi90210; 02-10-2014 at 11:24 PM.
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote