Thread: Maf pipes
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Sure they will. With the hood open. Once you shut the hood you'll be down on power compared to a stock intake since you're sucking hot air. Whether you bought them, someone gave them to you or they fell from the sky, you should take them off and sell them to someone who doesn't understand how cars work.
just want to inform you, i see IATs 8 above ambient when moving(i have logs to back this up as well), sitting in traffic is the only time i heat soak and even then once i start moving it drops fast, one thing no one can measure with a dyno is the ram air effect, there are no dyno fans big enough and push enough air to make a difference, that holds true for both the stock box and short ram intakes

yes im an advocate for CAIs, yes if i was buying one i would bought a CAI, but compared to MAF tubes id buy ebay short rams for the extra $10(and some of them are actually the same price as MAF tubes)

heck for a little more you can convert those short rams into cold air intakes using some silicone couplers and pipes that can be bought for under $50 and still be under the cost for maf tubes and drop ins

seriously maf tubes and drop ins are a joke, id recommend drop ins for someone who wants to save money on filters but thats about it

if i had the time and patience to dig through 3 weeks of facebook posts and comments, id post that guys dyno just to show how useless they are when it comes to making power

Last edited by luigi90210; 02-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote