View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesper4 View Post
Well after I reassembled everything I get a black screen that says something like Image may be reversed. It sounds like my disabled e-brake wires may be missing something. I was still getting a unregistered screen when it was working so I will have to look into that.
See, lots of backup cameras are reversed, and have a wire you can cut to change the image perspective.
Some car stereos have a setting in Setup, where you can change the image to "Mirrored" in effect reversing the image as if you were looking in the mirror instead of over your shoulder, etc. I think that may be the case here. Perhaps your backup cam has a setting/wire that causes the message to be sent, or it's a setting in your head unit, hard to say. I'd try another camera just to be sure.
SOME of the cameras won't run off of the newer cars with LED's on the reverse lamps, they can't provide enough current. In that case you may need a relay to switch +12V to the camera. Those are issues I've heard about before thru the grapevine. Your camera may not be turning on? Hard to say.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote