View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #688 (permalink)
pbs370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z, Sport Pkg
pbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Best Oils? Look at the UOA Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post

I am going off topic again and suggested this on my first post on this thread that a new topic thread should be opened up on used oil analysis. A place to start posting reports from used oil analysis. If you want to know which is best for the VQ37 VHR then I would highly recommend reading Will’s thread on my350z VQ Oil Analysis and Info - MY350Z.COM Forums on Oil and Used Oil Analysis, The first post has a chart on Amsoil oils. Even though it’s based on the VQ35 there is still a lot of information on his thread and what works on the VQ35 will probably be also good in the VQ37.

Keep in mind that the only way to find out what will work best in your car AND for your type of driving is to have a Used Oil Analysis performed. Will (Resolute) wrote up a thread either on this forum or one of the other 370Z forums on Nissan Ester based oil. Check out on his first page of thread on my350z the section on Ester based oils.

Personally I have found and read that Nissan Esther based oil is ONLY recommended IF you hear the clanking sound from the valve train. I never heard it with Pennzoil Platinum nor the oil I am currently using.

You can search my used oil analysis (UOA) on Will’s thread, I am ZeeForce on my350z.

Cheers
Curtis
Thanks for the info Zforce. I see a lot of people here saying how great this or that oil is based on their feelings and not facts - like UOA (used oil analysis) which I think is the only true measure of oil quality in an engine. I was going to switch to Redline from Mobil1 that I am now using but after looking at the chart for the VQ35DE I'm now leaning towards Castrol Syntec 0W-30 or perhaps one of the other oils with more of the "green" (better than std. deviation) numbers. I think this chart is very telling.
One Caveat: Some of these oils only have 1 or 2 samples taken on this chart so in all fairness, those numbers might not be representative of that particular oil.

If anyone has UOA numbers for the Z eng. (VQ37VHR) and which oil used, I sure would like to see 'em. thanks

I can't get the UOA chart image to copy, so I'll paste the link.
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...a/UOAChart.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UOA Chart.jpg (69.4 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by pbs370z; 02-10-2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: more info
pbs370z is offline   Reply With Quote