View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Matt@GTM
Not an active vendor. DO NOT PURCHASE

Drives: 370Z
Matt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond reputeMatt@GTM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalapagas View Post
I'm glad you got to it before something bad happened like me, my idler's bearings just shut tight and unscrewed itself fron the block lmao crazy story no jokei just replaced the smooth and grooved idlers so I would have to worry anymore....hapoened at 67k miles
I remember that thread it was "OMG why isn't my power steering working...wait no belt"

I kid I kid but yeah the idler bearings are nice to catch while they are loose and not seized, burning the belt or worse. I've seen it (not on a z) where the pulley comes apart and falls into the fan and then you lose a radiator too. Any time the belt is changed its a good idea to check the pulleys for wobble, they should be nice and tight spin freely, no sounds. If you doubt a pulley a mechanics stethoscope on the boss the pulley is mounted to will tell you its bad, a good pulley makes a quit whirr noise a bad one makes either a screechy noise or a grinding/rumbling noise

Last edited by Matt@GTM; 02-09-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Matt@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote