View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #2848 (permalink)
George@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE VENDOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: TTG41
George@GTM is on a distinguished road

Hopefully this will clear up some confusion...

The delays in manufacturing have been the turbo kit piping and the castings.

The piping delays have been resolved and the pipes are currently being manufactured in-house.

We are still waiting on the cast pieces, we have changed some things (will post details at a later date) for the new V3 kits and are using a local foundry for our casting pieces.

The intercooler cores are manufactured overseas and are high quality, our supplier makes these cores for a number of manufacturers over various platforms. Most of the forced inductions kits you see on the market for a number of vehicles are made overseas. Would you not buy an iPhone because it is manufactured overseas?

There have been ZERO intercooler failures in case anyone is confused, and I have never seen one on any platform in the last 10 years.

Out of the over 300 turbo kits we have manufactured over the last few years for the VQ community we have only heard of a few cracked turbo manifolds.

It is important for people to know that if your car is extremely low (like mine ) and you are not careful and keep bottoming out your exhaust system it will fatigue the manifolds and they are more likely to eventually have stress cracks. I personally have 3" flex sections in my down pipes in the event I do bottom out for it to absorb some of the impact.

If you take a piece of hot cast iron and keep bagging it with over 3,000lbs what do you think would happen over time? Regardless of what turbo kits you have I would recommend adding a flex section pre-turbo on the exhaust or be very careful.

If it was a manufacturing defect there would be a lot more than handful of cracked manifolds out of the over 600 manifolds out there on the road.

We are striving to get everything on track and our #1 priority right now is to get everyone involved in our group buy their products. I have received some PM's regarding the Free Garrett turbo upgrade if the customer needed to do something on their part, the answer is no if you are part of the original group buy and did not back out you will be receiving a free Garret turbo upgrade at no cost automatically this is our way of apologizing for the unforeseen delays and trying to make things right.

No one will be getting the MHI turbos from the group buy.

I hope this helps and I encourage anyone to PM with any issues they have with their order, we are trying our best to do the right thing and take care of all our customers. I am confident once everyone that has waited patiently (which we greatly appreciate) receives their kit they will be extremely happy with the quality and value. It was a great deal before and even better now with Garret turbos

Thank you,

-George