View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #2836 (permalink)
George@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE VENDOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: TTG41
George@GTM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chhawk View Post
The intercooler cores are from China. And yes China produces parts at all ends of the quality spectrum. But 99% of the time, global companies that produce quality parts in China have strict QA programs and staff in China. GTM can't manage a single product offering in the United States, do you think they have quality control on the other side of the world?

Serious question... GTM has already offered up Garrett turbos for no cost. So if the quality is the same as the Garrett kit, where are they making up the price difference? (and don't tell me the million dollar pipe bender)
You are concerned that an intercooler core is going to fail? I don't think I have ever seen an intercooler core fail on any forum that I have been on.

We use a local foundry for our castings and all the welds and fabrication are done in house. By the way you would be surprised were most of the parts on your car were made.

Regarding the turbos, we are not making that up anywhere. We are taking a loss and have upgraded the people on the group buy at no cost since they have had to wait for an extended amount of time.

-George

Last edited by George@GTM; 02-09-2014 at 02:36 AM.