View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
That was a nice S! Coming from a previous S owner it sounded like a J's racing exhaust... looked like a J's racing spoiler too.

The s2katlanta group holds track days every month or so and One of my friend blew a brake line on the back straight at Lil Tally! he was doing about 110-115 mph hehe I was shittin my pants for Jansen! he saved it and didnt hit the tire wall *whew* after that we made it mandatory to have steel braided brake lines. we were avg 1:12 around the track.
The owner/driver of the S2000 is Rob Robinette. His S2000 has stock engine internals (I believe...) but the rest of the car is heavily modified for racing. It has a full cage, trick suspension, giant front splitter, giant rear wing, race tires, and custom exhaust (it was so loud I had to wear ear plugs). He used to instruct pilots for the military. And I believe he still flies commercial airlines. Rob deserves major respect.

If you ever go to a Friday at the Track at Summit Point look for the guy with the yellow S2000 and try to get him as your instructor. You will learn a lot.