Thread: Mike's Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #547 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Still had the ABS issues today at COTA. I thought I have always had the ABS, VDC, SLIP and Air Bag lights on in my cluster.

Checked out the entire car in the paddock and it looked like the left rear abs sensor was shorter than the other side. Also, I have a small leak in the differential at that axle.

After removing the sensor, it looked just fine, so I did another inspection and realized that my stub axle had come unseated and was about a 1/4" out farther than it should be and the sensor wasn't lining up.

After consultation with Spencer at Z1, he told me how to reseat it, which I did, and did a little test drive and the ABS light went out, so apparently it isn't always on. I drive the car so rarely though, that I couldn't remember if it was or wasn't.

Anyhow, it was cold and freezing drizzle in the morning and still cold but dry in the afternoon, so I ran gently without ABS. Going to be in the 60s and 70s the next two days, so I should get to have some fun now.

Also met Brandon (WSTAR) and Chris Slicks is coming out tomorrow to meet us.