View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #151 (permalink)
Nick911sc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nissan GT-R
Nick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to beholdNick911sc is a splendid one to behold

Hey guys,

I've been lurking around the forum reading about the 370z and I figured I'd add to this discussion. I recently returned from South Korea about a month ago and spoke to people living there who have done hands on reviews of the car.

I have not heard one person who had hands on experience with the car(who was knowledgeable) that enjoyed the car completely. Now don't get me wrong for the money it may be a great buy.

To get down to it...They told me the shifts were far from smooth, there was excess noise coming from the windshield while driving, the smaller engine was not powerful but the larger engine felt too much for the cars platform to control.

They drove both the automatic and manual. When working with the auto they tried to drive tiptronic but the car still shifted for them and shifting times were very off.

The thing I thought the most amazing was the brembo's. They weren't really sure why but the brembo breaks were shaven down on the sides. They thought it might have been done to reduce noise?(no clue).

Also, many drivers in South Korea favor a soft suspension...And it was said that the Genesis also has too soft of a suspension.

Now keep in mind the person who reviewed the car...The auto version was given by Hyundai to review and then he borrowed a friends manual to test. This was done by a website that reviews cars online in Korea.

I hope I was able to add to the discussion.

Last edited by Nick911sc; 02-02-2009 at 03:00 PM.