View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
even from the factory bumpers are painted separately from the assembly plant where they paint the metal panels.

all the pre-painted plastics like your a-pillars, mirrors, side pieces, splash guards, all painted at different locations.

for me, i would just drop off the rear bumper if it is an oem piece, or you have already test fitted it to ensure proper fitment. especially a black. id be more worried about the fitment in your case.

now for my silver, these colors are hard to match. i would have to let the bodyshop mix and match.
My Nismo front bumper conversion was obviously painted separately from my car with no blending, and you can't tell the difference. My car is Gun Metallic which has a ton of metal flake in it.

It should really be no problem if the painter is any good.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote