View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Infidel
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 GM 6MT
Infidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical View Post
my best 60ft on RE-11's is 2.11. this is a **** 1/8th mile known for horrible traction though. to compare, a muscle car with drag radials did a 1.89 60ft against me. best times were after spinning in the water before launch. was running 27psi in the rear. will drop to 24 next time maybe.

i'm able to hook in 1st with minimum spin. if you heat up some good tires, i don't see why you won't be able to either.

you can always change your gears too and go taller:

WTT Your 6MT pumpkin for my 7AT pumpkin
I got a 1.78 60ft with a pair of $70 Pep Boys' tires on a good sticky night at the track (Mustang), even power shifted 2nd gear and did a 12.01 ET (116 mph). Spent the rest of the night trying to get into the 11's with these tires and couldn't do it. It took a week for my clutch to feel right again after all that feathering out of 1st. Cut the heads and added some slicks and got a half a second quicker and 4 mph.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote