View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 05:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
critical
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09' 370z 7AT
critical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Well, with FI taller gears are preferred. Without calling for a pissing match...which street tire has the best 'out of the hole' grip? I know 1st gear is useless but I want a tire that does a good job of holding 2nd and gripping 3rd. Is it just a dream ?
my best 60ft on RE-11's is 2.11. this is a **** 1/8th mile known for horrible traction though. to compare, a muscle car with drag radials did a 1.89 60ft against me. best times were after spinning in the water before launch. was running 27psi in the rear. will drop to 24 next time maybe.

i'm able to hook in 1st with minimum spin. if you heat up some good tires, i don't see why you won't be able to either.

you can always change your gears too and go taller:

WTT Your 6MT pumpkin for my 7AT pumpkin