View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
bleunetizen
Base Member

Drives: BMW M6, 530i, 370z
bleunetizen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebase99 View Post
You had a fully bolted DE? Tuned? Like others have said, around town you wont notice the "speed" difference too much. Though the 7500 redline is a hoot compared to the 6600. It is much more nimble, and grippy than my old 350. Its faster too, especially when the tach is past 5. Slightly faster than a stock HR due lower weight and flatter performance envelop. I track mine at a Florida raceway, I have a 2013 so the oil cooler is stock, all I do is put on tires and brake fluid, pads in. Havent had any issues. Yet.
Yes, I'd say it had full bolt ons.. the DE engines dont really get much more power from bolt ons though (compared to what I see from here in 370z scene), for me the real game changer for the DE engine was the camshaft and moving the torque curve to peak at around 7000rpm. But even with all those, it is very rare to see 300whp.

And yes, definitely tuned, as it is very necessary when running different cams in the DE mainly because the variable cam timing goes out of wack and you lose power in low and mid range.

Regarding the stock oil cooler, where is it mounted on a 2013 model? I saw this nismo option oil cooler that has the cooler in front of left front wheel with ducting.. looked very neat but $$ for an oil cooler kit What was the max oil temp you saw at the track?
bleunetizen is offline   Reply With Quote