View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
bleunetizen
Base Member

Drives: BMW M6, 530i, 370z
bleunetizen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
1. slightly more nimble. less tendancy to understeer, thats for sure. handles very well for the GT style suspension on the car that isn't too harsh on DD'ing. with that being said, u will still want coils for tracking

2. yep! this flywheel is a heavy sob. a bunch of people have gone lightweight, and they will have to chime in here.

3. can't comment much on LSD swapping. don't think its real common. same with final drive swapping, although i know there are members on here with both done.

4. you can expect 325whp+ with full bolt ons pretty reasonably. i made 326whp without headers (just test pipes). If you go with some nice long tube headers, intake, exhaust, and tune, you should expect somewhere around 325-335whp. (which is about 370-375 crank hp). some members are hovering north of 335, but its not totally common.

5. not sure on this one at all

Just make sure before u track, to get an oil cooler, as u stated. also, a set of track pads and higher temp fluid are a MUST for long track days on this car. other than that, its good to go.

You will love the refinement of this car compared to the 350z. there is really no comparison on interior quality.

P.s. if you go boosted, u can run 500+whp alllll day on these stock motors.
Thanks for the information

It is interesting to know that the new engines can hold 500whp all day.. the VHR engine must be real tough? I never looked at boosting my DE engine because of their known weak conrods and bolts issue, I couldnt see point of having a time bomb that you cant really push hard and limited to low boost unless of course you rebuild the engine with stronger parts and run less compression to accommodate higher boost.

I think I should read up a bit more regarding boosting the engine but I know I will be staying NA for quite a while. Knowing that the engine can hold 500whp is really cool though, that probably means like what.. 10~14psi of boost on stock engine? is it really safe?
bleunetizen is offline   Reply With Quote